Tuesday, September 07, 2010

deliberate motherhood

For those of you who wondered, yes, I'm still feeling a bit blah.

I'm hoping to get over it soon.

But, in case I don't, I'm banking on THIS to pull me out of it.

I'm excited that not only do I get to attend one of these Power of Mom's retreats, but I also get to present with my amazing sister Saren.

I can't wait for the retreat because:

1. I need a break
2. even more than I break, I need some time to really reflect on my mothering.  I've been feeling lately that I want to focus more on being a deliberate mom.  When I take time to step back and look at my life goals (which I don't take time to do nearly often enough) I always conclude that more than any other accomplishment I want to be an excellent wife and mother.  I want to take these two things more seriously than any other endeavor in my life.  But, to be honest, instead of the calm, calculated, deliberate mom that I want to be, I'm most often a crazed running around kind of mom who can't stop frantically making the dinner to stop and see the train track Charlie has made.  I often I find myself spending way more time and energy thinking about what color I should paint my front door than what I need to do do improve my mothering.  I'm hoping that taking this prescribed "break" will help me gain a bit more focus.  There's no way I'll become the mother and wife I want to be without stepping back and spending some serious time to plan and think about where I am, where I want to be and how I'm going to get there.  I know this retreat will help.
3. I know I'm going to meet other mothers who will fill me with the kind if motivation and inspiration that I need right now.
4.  it's by the ocean.  there's nothing more soothing and soul searching than the sea.

So please come and join us if you can!  I'm sure you won't regret it if you do.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were going to be presenting. I really like The Power of Moms website, and have thought about attending one of the retreats. Maybe I should find a way to go next week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails