Tuesday, October 30, 2007

pre-halloween festivities

We went back to Wilson Farms this year for their anual Haunted Hayride. Hazel totally remembered it from last year and was so proud of herself that she is big enough now to not be afraid (by the funny little totally non-scarey things they have on the hayride). The "haunted" part totally eluded Charlie as he was just excited about being so close to a tractor.
Here are Hazel, Charlie and our good friend Johanna with their "scared" faces on. (They're acting)
I really love this farm. Every fall when I come I vow that I'm going to shop there for produce more often (they sell a ton of stuff that they grow right there!) Maybe this year I'll really do it.
We had a Halloween Birthday party on Saturday night which gave Hazel the perfect opportunity to showcase one of her THREE Halloween costumes. I think she thinks Halloween is the greatest holiday ever. I've never met a kid who liked to dress up more. She was Dorothy for this party (someone gave us the costume). She was thrilled at the party with her costume and even more thrilled when we went home and watched The Wizard of Oz and she realized who she was trying to look like. She is so fun to watch shows with, especially musicals. I'll post a video as soon as I figure that out!
We had a great time carving pumpkins for FHE last night. (Wow, I'm caught up enough on the blog to say "last night".... AMAZING!) It is so fun to have kids who are old enough to get all this holiday stuff. I'm getting really excited for the next few months.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! It was SO great to feel like we were almost there. As far as I'm concerned, one of my favorite things is seeing Halloween costumes on my darling grandchildren that I didn't have to do! I LOVE IT! Happy Halloween!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Sayds. I loved the Dorothy outfit...did you guys try for Wicked tickets?? C'mon you guys have GOT to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, I keep forgetting to change from Dave.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails