Friday, October 10, 2008

Spontaneous Delight



Joy School is back into full swing. I'm LOVING it this year. It is so much easier to do with only four girls (instead of 6) who are all bigger and much more into sitting and listening. It is so fun to see them get the concepts that I'm trying to teach. I love it that Charlie can also participate in a real way (sometimes he is the most attentive of the bunch....probably because it's so novel to him).
This week I've been teaching the unit on Spontaneous Delight. Basically we've just done some really crazy and silly things together....popping popcorn without the lid on so that it goes all over the place, painting the yard with silly string and shaving cream, playing a crazy dress up game, dancing to funny music. I really let my hair down and at first I think my kids were wondering who this crazy, silly fun mom was. Once they realized it really was me they were delighted. I think it's so important to be silly and fun with your kids and I forget that so quickly when I'm rushing them around from one thing to the next.

Here are some shots of the crazy things we did:

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is the most spectacular spontaneous deight I've ever seen!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails