Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ode to my Doula

This is my doula Lorenza. She was at all three of the kids births. She and my mom navigated me and Jeff through our first birth with Hazel, she caught Charlie when he plunged into the tub, and she grabbed little Emmeline's hand as she took her first breath. She is one of my most favorite people in the entire world. She has the perfectly calm presence that you need to blanket over everything during birth. I'm sure she is the reason I love giving birth like I do. She has taught me so much about the beauty of birth and the magical abilities that my body has.
Lorenza came for dinner while my mom was here and we had such a nice evening. She brought the kids perfect gifts and told my mom all of the details of Emmeline's birth (which killed my mom to miss).

How I wish every woman could have the kid of support during Labor and pregnancy and post partum as Lorenza has given me. I'm so thankful to be able to call her my dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails