Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bear Lake

Bear Lake this year has been magical.  Lots of time to do nothing but be, read, live, breath, enjoy, connect.

Of course, there are downers here too.....all the chaos that 19 kids in one house brings, the lack of structure, the dry weather (which really is great except that all of our skin has gone into shock/rash/eczema mode).

The other downer, that is pretty surprising is that my kids are so well entertained up here by the lake, the unstructured space and their cousins that I literally have to beg them to spend time with me (aside from Emmeline who most of the time wants to be attached to my hip). 

It has been nice to be computer-less here at Bear Lake.  I've been able to get all that internet checking/blog stuff/photo editing out of my system for a while which feels a little lazy, but pretty good.

Luckily for me I can totally free load on my sisters who have laptops here and are much better at using their time, taking pictures and documenting our trip.  I think I'll have to take my turn as the documenter one of these years (once I get that laptop) but for now, I'm going to be totally lame and direct you to Shawni and Saren's blogs for a full account of what we've been up to.

I'll post my pictures next week.....but for now, enjoy the full bear lake account with Shawni's beautiful blogness by clicking here and scrolling through the July posts.  She's pretty much covered everything we've been doing.   Also check out this awesome post by Saren about our history at Bear Lake and why we all love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails