Wednesday, July 23, 2014

#eyrealm2014

 

I’m in heaven.  We’ve been away from Boston having adventure after adventure for the whole month of July.  It started with a fantastic Shumway reunion in Monterey and now we’re doing our Bear Lake thing.  Time is so slow and I’ve spent most of the month talking with some of my favorite people (siblings and in-laws), reading to my kids, walking on the beach, watching the sun sink, star gazing.    I look forward to this all year long.  I think about these long stretched out days during those long cold March days, I imagine the deep blue of the lake during my hardest moments.  This month of family togetherness and reconnecting with my old Saydi self is part of what keeps my soul alive.  I’m so thankful for it. 

(not that there aren’t some challenges….)

I’ve got lots to say about all the conversations I’ve had, all the thoughts I’ve gathered up through so many discussions and so much time to think.  But those will have to wait until I’m back in my regular life, because while there’s so much time here, there are also about 45 people and I got interrupted by 7 children just writing that first paragraph.

So, for now, I wanted to share this awesome video that the reunion chairs (Eli and Julie) put together.  It makes me HAPPY! 

45 Years of Happy - Eyrealm from Eli Eyre on Vimeo.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails