Monday, December 29, 2008

she's too cute for us

Although I like to pretend my not getting anything done around the house is due to the demands of a newborn, in reality, a large part of it is due to the fact that I am addicted to this little girl. She draws me in (like Tetris used to way back when) and all I want to do is sit for hours and try to get her to smile and coo at me.

For some reason, while I'm engaging with Emmeline I tell her over and over again that she's "too cute for us." And I ask her "what are we going to do with you? You are TOO cute!." Hazel's little four year old brain takes this question quite literally......and has come up with all kinds of things that we should do with our baby who is too cute. Mostly she wants to put her back in my tummy or eat her up and has come up with all kinds of ways to do that (make her into pot roast, make her into soup, mix her into cookies)....but other times (like yesterday) she decided that we should sell her or --gasp--throw her in the garbage (yikes!). How should I interpret this? I know she loves Emmeline....but I'm also sure she'd be pleased as punch if that baby could magically be put back in my belly for a while.

This is Hazel making Emmeline into a tasty roast beef dinner, served rare with a side of binkie and slinky compote. Hazel informed me that when Emmeline pops the binkie out and starts crying that means she's done and ready to eat. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails