Tuesday, March 24, 2009

at home


Emmeline is one lucky girl. She loves these guys more than anything....it totally melts my heart to see how much fun they have together. One of my favorite things lately is how Hazel comes into our bed in the wee hours of the morning (that's 8am around here) and entertains Emmeline for a good 30 min while I try my darndest to wake up. It's so sweet to listen to her talk to Emmeline, sing her songs, teach her things. I love it. I think these two are going to be great friends. I was worried that they'd be too far apart, but I'm now realizing that a sister any closer in age to Hazel would wind up resenting Hazel's take charge attitude and surely they'd compete. I'm sure I have some of that ahead.....but I'm hoping the 4 year buffer will enable them to adore one another (at least at times!).
Check out Charlie's protruding bottom jaw. This is the look he gets on his face whenever he interacts with little Emmie Rose. I think he loves her a little too much at times....but she doesn't think so, she eats it all up. Their interactions typically start with a look of trepidation passing over emmeline's little face, but they nearly always end in some huge grins and belly laughs.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What fabulous pictures! They are such treasures...as are the real thing! Just wish I could be there to squeeze those kids myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I MISS those kids! I'm so excited I get to at least see Emmeline so soon. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails