Thursday, April 02, 2009

seven kids?

How did my mom manage NINE kids? I've often wondered this, but never more so than after spending 5 days caring for SEVEN kids. We watched our dear friend's kids while they went to escape dreary March and catch some rays in the Caribbean. Let me tell you, their kids are EASY and extremely obedient.....lovely really, and still I was exhausted by the end of the 5 days. I found myself wondering, could I do this? How did my mom do this?

And I think I found the answer. These moments....the ones where they're all sitting on the bed making the baby laugh in hysterics. Those are the moments that make you realize that the motherly exhaustion is actually beautiful, meaningful sacrifice....sacrifice that creates moments of real joy....for you and the kids.
And, Emmeline LOVED it. I'm telling you, this little girl loves chaos. Good thing, cause there's always some of that around in our lives right now.

Still, I'm not saying I could have seven kids.

maybe jeff could though? Doesn't he look handsome there with a gaggle of kids?
And, don't worry. We're headed to Puerto Rico while the Snows watch our kids. They will definitely get the short end of the stick.
Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails