Saturday, January 08, 2011

a little help from my friends

Sometimes it just takes a little help from a friend and suddenly you have a project done that you've been wanting to do for months or years.

Good friends have been popping up all over lately to help me get projects done.  I'm so grateful for them.

Like my mother in law, who came out in October and offered to help me sew curtains for my kitchen.  I'd had the fabric hung up, un-hemmed for months.  It only took us a few hours to get them done.....(and they turned out much more professional looking with her sewing expertise!).  I think with out her encouragement and lets get it doneness there would  still be un-hemed fabric hung on my kitchen windows.
 IMG_3971
  And then there's my good friend Heidi who told me she wanted to come over and help me paint Emmeline's room.  I don't have the pictures to awe you with how much better it looks.....but it went from those weird green and brown old man stripes that we painted when I was pregnant with Charlie to a nice icy blue....perfect for Em and for the baby when we move him in there.  It only took us a few hours, it was fun and it made me feel so much happier about my house.
IMG_6056And then, there was the day last fall when the sister missionaries called on a particularly stressful week for me and offered to come and help out with anything I needed.  Bless them, they came and worked with me on various projects for a few hours.  We cleaned out some cupboards that had been driving me mad and they helped me clear our back yard of all the plastic junky toys so that I could take some pictures while the flowers were still in bloom in case we needed to sell it sometime.  I know it doesn't look that great, but this is the best our back yard may ever look.

IMG_6077
IMG_6081
it's amazing to me what a little help from friends can do.  i'm hoping I can do the same thing for my friends.  it's kind of magical.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails